In the four weeks prior to the publication of Spandex, Screw Jobs and Cheap Pops, The Only Way Is Suplex becomes The Only Way Is Spandex, and you’ll have the chance to read excerpts of the book (which is already available to pre-order).
So before we get to 1st June, here’s a little hint at what you can expect to read in the book:
- British wrestling in the media – how important is TV coverage really? There’s also an exclusive look back at 2001’s ‘Faking It – Ballet Dancer to Wrestler’ featuring NWA Hammerlock, with interviews with the key participants
- Competition – how much collaboration between promotions is healthy? (This section includes an extended look at last year’s FPW Futuremania shenanigans.)
- Wrestling training in the UK – the dangers of a bad school
- How wrestlers cope with serious injuries, and how they balance the bruises with having to go into the office for their day job
- How ring announcers and referees learn their role and make it possible for wrestlers to shine
- And, obviously, interviews with British and British-based and -trained wrestlers – including the likes of Magnus, Doug Williams, Nigel McGuinness, Zack Sabre Jr, Marty Scurll, the Blossom Twins, Rhia O’Reilly, Saraya Knight, Majik, Danny Garnell, Jimmy Havoc, the Owens Twins, Nikki Storm, Prince Fergal Devitt, El Ligero, Iestyn Rees, Noam Dar, Mark Andrews…and more.
- If you’ve enjoyed reading TOWIS over the past two years, please support Spandex, Screw Jobs and Cheap Pops, available to pre-order now and will be in all good bookshops – plus it has its own Facebook page.